- Season: Late season
- Main characteristic/s: June-bearer/ Exceptional disease resistance
- Breeder: NIAB EMR, UK
Characteristics of Cupid
- Late season, similar cropping period to Florence
- Exceptional disease resistance to four of the main strawberry pathogens
- High % Class 1
- Good fruit quality including shape & colour.
- Suitable for growing in organic production systems
Cupid is exceptional in that it shows a useful level of resistance to the four major strawberry diseases: wilt (Verticillium dahliae), crown rot (Phytophthora cactorum), black spot (Colletotrichum acutatum) and powdery mildew (Podosphaera aphanis). Well suited to unprotected soil production systems and organic production.
Cupid is protected under Community (EU) Plant Variety Rights (Grant No: 37423). The propagation and sale of plants, or parts of plants, of Cupid without a licence is prohibited. Only Propagation Licence holders can propagate and receive propagation grade material (and not Sales or Growing-on Transformation Licence holders). Cupid is available from the following licensed propagators:
Propagation Licence Holders
Sales Licence Holders (Commercial Growers)
Sales Licence Holders (Amateur/Garden Market ONLY)
Growing-on / Transformation Licence Holders
Raised bed trials