- Season: Late Season
- Main characteristic/s: Exceptional fruit quality, excellent 60-day fruit yield
- Breeder: NIAB EMR, UK
Characteristics of Elegance
- Late season, fruiting typically 3-5 days after Elsanta in the UK with harvest continuing over an extended period.
- Very attractive, glossy, bright orange/red berries with a uniform conical shape.
- Large berry size helps to reduce picking costs
- Good tolerance to rain is a big advantage in unprotected open field production
- Excellent 60-day fruit yield & high main crop second year fruit yields.
- Good shelf life, both the skin & flesh have good strength
Plant & Disease Characteristics
Elegance is protected under Community (EU) Plant Variety Rights (Grant No: 32670). The propagation and sale of plants, or parts of plants, of Elegance without a licence is prohibited. Only Propagation Licence holders can propagate and receive propagation grade material (and not Sales or Growing-on Transformation Licence holders). Elegance is available from the following licensed propagators:
Propagation Licence Holders
Sales Licence Holders
Growing-on / Transformation Licence Holders