- Season: Mid-season
- Main characteristic/s: Large fruited and high yield
- Breeder: Peter Hauenstein
Characteristics of Himbo-Top®
- Large fruit size for a primocane variety
- High fruit yields
- Fruit is firm, bright light red & does not darken
- Vigorous, strong growing canes
- Similar resistance to raspberry root rot (Phytophthora fragariae rubi) as Autumn Bliss
Harvesting commences in the lower region of Switzerland around the first week in August, approximately 6 to 8 days after Autumn Bliss. The picking period for ‘Rafzaqu’ lasts between 6 and 8 weeks, under tunnels until the end of October.
Himbo-Top® has good yield potential.
Similar resistance to raspberry root rot (Phytophthora fragariae var. rubi) as Autumn Bliss.
Himbo-Top® is the registered trademark of Promo-Fruit Ltd under which Promo-Fruit promotes, markets and licences plants and fruit of the raspberry variety ‘Rafzaqu’. Rafzaqu is protected under Community (EU) Plant Variety Rights (Grant No: EU 13008). The propagation and sale of plants, or parts of plants, of Himbo-Top® without a licence is prohibited. Himbo-Top® is available from the following licensed propagators:
Propagation Licence Holders
Sales Licence Holders
Growing-on / Transformation Licence Holders