- Season: Midseason variety
- Main characteristic/s: June Bearer/ excellent fruit quality and shelf life
- Breeder: NIAB EMR, UK
Characteristics of Malling™ Glow
GensonMidseason, similar cropping period to Elsanta in the UK
- Exceptional disease resistance to four of the main strawberry pathogens
- High % Class 1
- Good fruit quality including shape & colour.
- Suitable for growing in organic production systems
Malling™ Glow shows good resistance to Verticillium wilt (Verticillium dahlia); Similar susceptibility to crown rot (Phytophthora cactorum) and powdery mildew (Podosphaera aphanis) as Elsanta, but this is not considered a problem in grower trials.
Malling™ Glow is protected under Community (EU) Plant Variety Rights (Grant No: 48947). The propagation and sale of plants, or parts of plants, of Malling™ Glow without a licence is prohibited. Only Propagation Licence holders can propagate and receive propagation grade material (and not Sales or Growing-on Transformation Licence holders). Malling™ Glow is available from the following licensed propagators:
Propagation Licence Holders
Sales Licence Holders
Growing-on / Transformation Licence Holders
Raised Bed Trial Results: