- Season: Mid/early cropping period
- Main characteristic/s: Primocane; Very large, beautiful fruit.
- Breeder: Marionnet SAS, France
Characteristics of Versailles
- Very large fruit size – 10g-12g
- Delicious eating quality with a good sweet to acid balance
- Spine-free, upright canes
- Good shelf life and fruit firmness
- Very attractive, lustrous light coloured fruit similar conical shape to Tulameen
Versailles has a mid/early cropping period, cropping 7-10 days after Polka.
In trials yield potential has been similar to or less than Polka. To optimize the fruit yield it is recommended to plant Versailles at higher plant densities of 6-8 plants per metre². It also has uniform cropping pattern, no peaks.
Versailles is protected under Community (EU) Plant Variety Rights Grant No. EU 43224; Australia (under variety name ‘Versai’) PBR Grant No. 6342; Canada PBR Grant No. 5765; Mexico PVR Grant No. 2098; Morocco PBR Application No. 524/14; Serbia PBR Grant No. 320-04-01678/3/2017-11; Switzerland PBR Grant No. 16.2640. The propagation and sale of plants, or parts of plants, of Versailles without a licence is prohibited. Only Propagation Licence holders can propagate and receive propagation grade material (and not Sales or Growing-on Transformation Licence holders). Versailles is available from the following licensed propagators:
Propagation Licence Holders
Sales Licence Holders (Commercial Growers)
Sales Licence Holders (Amateur/Garden Market ONLY)
Growing-on / Transformation Licence Holders